- TSCA:(40CFR 710) All chemical ingredients are listed on
the TSCA 8(b) inventory. None of the ingredients are on the Health and
Safety Reporting List, are under Chemical Test rule, are listed under TSCA
Section 12B, or have a SNUR under TSCA
- CERCLA Reportable Quantity:
This product does
NOT contain ingredients that have Reportable Quantity (RQ) requirements
under US 40 CFR 117.302
- SARA TITLE III:
..................................Section 302/304 Extremely Hazardous Substances:
Final RQ = 1000 lbs (454 Kg), represents 10% of product
..................................Section 311 Hazard Categorization: Acute, health
..................................Section 313 Toxic Chemicals: This material contains sodium hydroxide
(CAS 1310-73-2) which is subject to reporting requirements of Section 313
or Sara Title III and 40 CFR Part 373. 1,000 lb Final RQ (454 Kg). Since
pH of product is 7.4, spill reporting is not necessary.
- Clean Water Act: CAS # 1310-58-3 is listed as a hazardous
substance under CWA None of the ingredients are listed as Toxic Pollutants
- Clean Air Act: This product contains no hazardous air
pollutants, class 1 or class 2 ozone depleting chemicals, nor was product
made from any ozone depletors.
- FDA: This product complies with 21 CFR 184.1139 regulations
for boiler water additives used in preparation of steam that will contact
- USDA: This product was authorized by the USDA, as Category
"G6" "for use as a boiler water additive, used in
the preparation of steam that WILL contact food."
- STATE RIGHT-TO-KNOW LISTS: CAS# 1310-58-3, Potassium hydroxide, present in
this product at 13%, is present on the following RTK lists: California,
New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Massachusetts. No other ingredients listed on California,
Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota,
New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, or Rhode Island.
- California Proposition 65
Labeling required: This
product MAY contain TRACE amounts of ethylene oxide (CAS# 75-21-8),1,4
dioxane (CAS# 123-91-1) or Trisodium salt of Nitrilotriacetic acid (CAS#
18662-53-8), chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer
and/or birth defects or reproductive harm (suspected in polyacrylic acid.
- WGK (Water Danger/Protection): ) CAS# 1310-58-3:
- TDG Classification: Not regulated as hazardous. Boiler preserving
- Canadian DSL: All ingredients are listed on Canada's
DSL List. Product approved for sale in Canada
- Canadian WHMIS: Potassium hydroxide would normally incur
a class of "E", but the product pH of 7.4 is neutral, evading
the corrosive classification.
- Canada's Ingredient Disclosure
hydroxide, CAS 1310-58-3, comprising 13% of this product IS listed on the
CIDL, but other ingredients are "NOT CONTROLLED".
This MSDS has been prepared according to the hazard criteria of the Controlled
Products Regulations (CPR) and the MSDS contains all of the information
required by the CPR.