- Avoid the use of aluminum and galvanized
equipment for polymer solutions.
- For solution preparation: use clean water,
as free as possible from dissolved salts and solid imurities, and as close
to neutral pH as can be supplied.
- Use metering pumps of a positive displacement
or gear type for feeding polymer solutions.
- Avoid centrifugal pumps for mixing or metering.
- Avoid the use of natural or buna-n rubber
in contact with the neat emulsion polymer.
- Avoid high speed mixing for neat product
and solution. Propeller mixers should not run over 600 RPM and turbine
mixers should run at less than 60 RPM.